Pre-Compressed Impregnated Foam Seal for Control/Expansion Joints
illmod 600 is a UV-Stable, acrylic impregnated joint sealing tape for use in a wide variety of construction, control and expansion joints, as well as other applications. It is a pre-compressed, self-expanding, flexible, flame resistant joint seal. Weather tight against the most severe combinations of wind and rain, it satisfies most expectations as an external weather seal in building and civil engineering applications. This product has been extensively tested and has a proven reputation across the UK, Europe, and North America.
illmod 600 is the premier joint sealing material both for new construction and remedial applications. Typical applications for illmod 600 include:
- Precast concrete joints sealing
- Vertical expansion joints
- Brickwork joints
- Window sealing
- Door seals
- Repair of damaged joints
- Alternative to wet sealing and backer rod
- Primary seal in window sub-head/sub-sill tracks
- Roofing metal decks
- Metal panels
Features & Benefits
- Provides thermal and acoustic insulation values that improve the occupant comfort and experience.
- Will resist wind driven rain up to 113 km/h wind (600 Pa) without the addition of sealant.
- Breathable material allows for vapour diffusion, minimising the risk of condensation at the window frame.
- Friction fit and pressure seal ensure the product continually expands and contracts to accommodate movement whilst still sealing the joints. Does not rely on a chemical bond like traditional sealants.
- Self-adhesive on one side aids contractor installation and holds the tape in place until the tape expands.
- Can be painted with commercially available acrylic paint to provide the client with the desired aesthetics.
- Can be installed during inclement weather like rain and cold temperatures.
- Proven wind driven rain resistance since 1965 ensures long term performance.